Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 8: "Thing 18" My First Zoho Experience

My First Zoho Experience

This is my first time using Zoho.com.  Please pardon the extreme formating - I am having fun playing with Zoho's features!  I have heard a great deal about online word processors in the tech circles that I dabble in as of late, especially Google Docs, however I have not yet had time to satisfactorily explore these web 2.0 tools.

I am excited to be working in Zoho for the first time; it is extremely user-friendly and has a nice amount of formatting options.  I am creating this document as a requirement of an online course that I am a taking called "Raven About Web 2.o Tools."  I have found this class to be extremely beneficial in introducing me to a number of useful Web 2.0 tools that I can use as a teacher to enhance my students' learning experiences.

I am aslo in the middle of taking a class entitled "Digital Media and 21st Century Students, Creating Engaged Learners."  During our next class session we will be exploring Google Docs and one of the class projects will require that we collaborate and create a Google Doc with a number of other class participants.

I have enjoyed using Zoho and after this fun and easy experience, I will definitely use it again, as well as promote its use to other educators!   (Translation: I have enjoyed using Zoho and after this fun and easy experience, I will definitely use it again, as well as promote its use to other educators!)

Until next time,
Joni Matthews

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I haven't spent a whole lot of time on ZOHO since my original run through this class. I tend to use google because it keeps everything together but I should go back and explore ZOHO again. I have started using "Forms" on googledocs and I really like the ability to collect data in that way. I will look to see if ZOHO has a similar feature

    Ann

    ReplyDelete