Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 5: "Thing 11" #2

Since I became a TTL (Technology Teacher Leader) grant participant I have been immersed in professional development opportunities.

I am currently taking a class from my dear friend Martina Henke. I first met her when I was interviewing for my teaching position; she was a member of the hiring committee that brought me on board with Kincaid Elementary School. We taught together for five years before she decided to move onto bigger and better things and is now a professional development provider for the technology department within the Anchorage School District.

The class that I am taking and that Martina is teaching, is entitled '21st Century Tools for 21st Century Learners - Kincaid Technology Class' and as a requirement of the class I am an active member of a Ning (for proof click here).

After attending the Anchorage School District TTL Spring Training Opportunity this week and speaking with many other teachers who are at the K - 2 level within the Anchorage School District, it is my goal to set up a Ning for primary teachers to share ideas and support one another district-wide.

I think I should ask my dear friend Martina to help me with this.

1 comment:

  1. Martina and I have had the opportunity to work together over the last year and a half and I find her to be an inspiration when it comes to integrating technology in the classroom. The ning is a great tool.....just be aware that , as Martina will no doubt share with you, it is possible to become "over ninged" (A phrase that I wouldn't have even thought possible 3 years ago :-)

    ReplyDelete