Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 5: "Thing 12"

I did not have to create an account in Voicethread for this discovery exercise; I have had one for the past year now. I find Voicethread to be a powerful teaching tool as it provides my students the opportunity to publish their work, comment on their peers' work, and learn to give as well as receive compliments and constructive criticism. I appreciate that Voicethread offers the option of keeping the students' work private but that parents, grandparents, other extended family, and friends can be invited to view the work and even record comments.

Below is a sample of our first class Voicethread project. The objective of this project was for each student to illustrate a letter of the alphabet in order to create an alphabet book and then I recorded each letter name and sound.



My class and I are currently working on a unit of instruction focusing on Alaskan Animals. It is our goal to complete our research and illustration of each animal, upload the animal photos to Voicethread, and then have each student comment on the animal they studied.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that since I have was introduced to VT a couple of summers ago, I still think it is the best thing since sliced bread for classroom integration. Loved the embeded VT. thanks

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how you used VT to narrate your book. I am sure your students loved to see there book come to life.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete