Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 4: "Thing 8"

I learned something new today! I had not heard about RSS feeds before.

I found the definition for RSS given on www.infinitethinking.org most helpful. The site explained "RSS allows you to subscribe to online news and updates that are important to you. Once you subscribe to a source, you no longer need to visit that individual web site to check for updates... the updates come to you. Searching or browsing the web is a good way to locate sources initially, but once you've located them there is no need to return to them over and over. If they offer an RSS feed, all you need to do is subscribe."

I created an account with Google Reader. I think that I am going to find RSS to be a useful tool as a teacher, a mother, and to fulfill my personal interests. It will provide a place for all of my interests to gather so that I no longer have to waste time searching the internet but instead can get right to reading. As a mom I can find quick and easy recipes for dinner, as a teacher I can find interesting lesson ideas, as a scrapbooker, blogger, and knitter I can find the neatest new tricks of the trade!

Click here for my public URL address to my Google Reader account.

No comments:

Post a Comment