Monday, February 16, 2009

Week 6: "Thing 13"

The social bookmarking site De.licio.us came into my life just at the right time... my firefox bookmark toolbar and sidebar were completely full and I was getting pretty annoyed with scrolling through and attempting to find the link I desired.

Three days ago while attending a technology conference, I overheard two teachers talking about De.licio.us and after about a half an hour of exploring (I admit it - I was totally off task during the tech conference presentation), I was hooked.

I created an account and I even figured out how to add tags to my bookmarks and bundle my tags into tag clouds!

Just to show off I am including a screen shot of my beautifully organized Del.icio.us toolbar.

Thank you Del.icio.us; you help me keep my O.C.D tendencies in check.


Click on the screen shot to enlarge it and view the beauty of pure and honest organization.

As I explored the SJLibraryLearning2 Del.icio.us link I found an interesting article written by Sean P. Aune on a site called Mashable that claims it is 'all that's new on the web'. The title of the article is "35 Tools for Teachers, Tutors, and Students" and it is a wonderful resource for educators; I cannot wait to share it with my colleagues. Out of the 35 tools that Aune listed and described, I am most interested in further exploring...

HotChalk.com a site where I can network with other educators and hopefully attain fresh new lesson plan ideas.

4Teachers.org
a site that has a vast amount of useful teacher tools, including a Family of Tools feature that includes links to Quizstar and Rubistar which are online quiz and rubric generators.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I am also a total Del.ici.ous addict. I love having my bookmarks available from anywhere - because I am not always using the same computer.

    I have also found several other lists that have given me wonderful websites. It can be a little addictive. I really have to watch my time. :-)

    ReplyDelete