Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 6: "Thing 14"

Technorati was not as user-friendly or helpful as I had hoped. After an ample amount of exploration time at the site I grew a little frustrated and a lot disappointed.

The first thing I did on the Technorati site was create an account. I was immediately put off because I had to create a member name that would be different than the standard username I try to maintain for simplicity purposes, it has an underscore and Technorati policy will only allow a username made up of letters and numbers.

The second thing I attempted to do was claim my blog. However, I kept getting the following error message...
Click the above image to enlarge it; the message is somewhat comical. "Backend issues" sounds like a personal problem.

After three failed attempts at claiming my blog, I decided to search for a blog on one of my failed passions... knitting (so many things change after you have a baby). I thought finding an interesting knitting blog might help me be bitten by the knitting bug again. However, after searching and scrolling between at least five pages of results, I didn't find much that caught my eye. The experience was not a total loss though as I did manage to find a few knitting blogs of interest. I am guilty of juding a blog by its name and the ones mentioned below I found enticing...
1. Too Many Scarves (this blog had really interesting crafting ideas)
2. Yarn Harlot (this is a blog one of my good friends follows and now I can enjoy it too)
3. Knitting Pirate (the author of this blog is witty and I enjoy her sarcasm)

In closing, I have decided that I will give Technorati a second chance to display its usefulness to me and attempt to claim my blog once more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joni

    I agree with you that Technorati is not the most friendly of sites. I have it on here because so many people swear by it that I figured it was just me. I have had much better luck using google blog search.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete