Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 5: "Thing 11" #1

I chose to explore the Web 2.0 tool Hairmixer. I found the tool while searching on the SEOmoz's Web 2.0 Awards List. The site received the second place award in the "fun stuff" category.

My overall feeling? I was looking for fun and I found it. However, the tool was quite difficult to use. Once I had completed my hair mixing and was ready to save my photo, I could not figure out how to start that process and the site did not offer much help. Then once I finally succeeded in saving it (I think), I couldn't find where the photo was saved and therefore I couldn't upload to my blog. I ended up taking screen shots of my favorite photos and then uploading them as pictures through blogger. Another annoying characteristic of the site was that it often timed out or brought up a blank screen message containing the word 'forbidden.'

Regardless of the few frustrating moments, the site provided me with many big belly laughs!

Can you guess the celebrity hairstyle I am sporting? Answers located at the bottom of the post.


P


Answers (from top to bottom): Lindsay Lohan, Taylor Swift, Tyra Banks, Paris Hilton, and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

2 comments:

  1. Too much fun. You really are having fun with the image editing and play :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni,

    Thank you for sharing this Hairmixer Web 2.0 tool. I have been wondering what I would look like if I let my hair go gray and this tool gave me a chance to imagine not only gray, but all kinds of hair color. It was a blast playing with this tool. Thank you again for posting it! Lorrie

    ReplyDelete